Baldwin Concert Master vs Disklavier

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Wed Aug 19 17:16 MDT 1998

Avery writes:
>What I'm wondering about are any advantages of one over the other as
>far as usage, longevity, upgradeability (is that a word?), maintenance,
>etc.
>   Feel free to reply off-list if you wish.

No, No, !! reply on the list, I need to know this stuff too!. We will be
purchasing a large complement of instruments at Vanderbilt in the next several
years, and I was wondering where I could justify getting a few Disclaviers
thrown in there, for teaching and playback purposes...etc. Maybe even the
accompaniment  parts for duets that can't schedule practise together, ( Just
play your part once, then head for the coffee shop while the cello learns the
piece......??)
   I would be very interested in any use of these reproducers in school
environments. Thanks,
Ed Foote