(Fwd) Salary survey information request

John Minor jminor@uiuc.edu
Wed Dec 9 08:29 MST 1998

So....what WERE the salaries offered??? Enquiring minds want to know!!!

John Minor
University of Illinois

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Jeff Tanner wrote:

]Ron,
]This year I have been through two hiring processes, one in GA and one in
]SC.  On both occasions I was told by the dean, when discussing salary, that
]apparently someone higher up in the state (they apparently have someone who
]does nothing but this) did some sort of research and determined the salary
]scale for the university piano technician position according to either some
]kind of average or customary salary scale (those exact qualifications he
]mentioned were used in both job descriptions.  The UGA position was
]advertised in the April 98, PT Journal, but the writer of the ad
]incorrectly described the salary as "negotiable" if that tells you
]anything).  I don't know how these folks arrived at their conclusion,
]because in both states there was only one such full-time paid position in
]the whole state.
]
]That's all I was told, but if you need more I can ask the dean how much he
]knows.
]
](Maybe we could figure out a way to influence an increase of these averages
]if such do exist?  Be nice, huh?)
]Jeff
]
]
]
]>I got this message and thought those of you on the CAUT
]>list might be able to help.  Is there information like this
]>available or should I just politely tell him we don't have it?
]>
]>Ron
]>
]>
]>------- Forwarded Message Follows -------
]>Date sent:      	Tue, 08 Dec 1998 12:05:44 -0600