Opening in Tennessee

Thu Feb 19 08:15 MST 1998

Guy,

No real information on this specific job, but would have to
advise real caution.  The "job description" as published
looks very much to me like either: a.- They already have someone
foolish, or scared, enough to attempt to do all that; or, b.- They've
simply lumped whatever no one else wanted to do into something
(like, for example, the piano technician's position) because
virtually no administrator I've dealt with in over 30 years has the
faintest understanding of what real technicians do, how they do
it or, for that matter, care about either of the above.

I did find it interesting that no mention was made of the range
and domain of the pianos.

Perhaps someone could drop the department a copy of the
PTG institutional guidelines...

My apologies to those who find these comments perjorative.
Too many years making like Sysiphus.

Best to all.

Horace

At 05:49 PM 2/18/1998 -0700, you wrote:
>Caut techs,
>	Anyone on this list got any info on the Tennessee tech job in the
>classifieds of the Journal? Phone number(s)? Is it real, or already taken?
>I have a "friend" who is interested, but on tour now, and may not be able
>to make the deadline for apps.
>
>Thanks in advance, and sorry if the subject has already come and went, so
>to speak. Didn't have any reason to watch for that sort of thing till now.
>This fellow, (an RPT), is gonna need something east of here, for sure.
>Maybe Florida?
>
>Guy Nichols, RPT
>nicho@lascruces.com

Horace Greeley