privacy

Allen Wright Allen_Wright@qmgate.cc.oberlin.edu
Wed Sep 16 09:39 MDT 1998

Conrad wrote:

"If Mike, like I, gets the .edu e-mail account gratis as a "perk" of the job,
then it _does_ own the account and can excercise control over it's use.

Lack-o-tact would describe said stupidvisor.  Perhaps she could have gently
reminded her underlings that the e-mail account was, in fact, college
property, and as such was subject to possible/occasional/frequent/constant
review by someone in a supervisory capacity"

That's the situation here at Oberlin, too, and ever since I figured that out I decided to try not to write anything I wouldn't want my supervisor (or some anonymous person in the computer center) to read. Of course, that's a hard rule to remember to follow all the time.

Allen Wright