Agraffes

Ron Torrella torrella@umich.edu
Thu Aug 12 07:07 MDT 1999

Speaking of agraffe tools...although Pianotek's catalog says that their Counterbore
for Agraffes [2332] can be used by hand, I had rotten luck attempting to do so when I
had to remove a fair amount of material. And you can't chuck it in a drill press
unless you have a special chuck.

I thought I might be able to put a drill blank down the center because I noticed that
there's a set screw down towards the business end of the counterbore, but that
wouldn't work. I don't think that's in intended purpose of the set screw.

I've toyed with the idea of sending the piece off to the mill to have the non-business
end turned down to 3/8 - 1/2" so I have a shank for the drill press chuck. But the
cost would probably be prohibitive.

Anyone have any better luck with this?

Ron Torrella, RPT