stringed instrument lacquer

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Sat Dec 11 09:41 MST 1999

That wasn't about tone that was about "cutting" through the
mix.  I did work for "Pablo Cruise" and took their C7 and
thoroughly soaked the hammers in lacquer/thinner.  These
were rocks.  The pianist, Cory Lerios, said it was better but
could be brighter.  I offered aluminum hammers but then
couldn't find a maker.

David I.