Crumb's "Makrokosmos"

McNeilTom@aol.com McNeilTom@aol.com
Sat Mar 6 09:39 MST 1999

Kent is right, that this piece is fairly innocuous as far as damage to the
piano is concerned.  The trouble is that no one who's watching the performance
knows benign from disastrous in this realm.  One would need a very rare level
of close control over piano use to monitor all the alternative performance
practices of all the pianists, let alone 'composers',  wherever they do their
business.  Better to open Pandora's Box with maximum caution, it at all.

       -   Tom McNeil   -
Vermont Piano Restorations