Steinway D problem

John Minor jminor@uiuc.edu
Thu May 6 11:49 MDT 1999

I have done this as a last resort, but I can lightly touch any of the 3
strings and the overtone is eliminated. The string bending works well if
there is just one annoying offender.

John

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols wrote:

]John,
]	I should send this privately, to avoid flames. But... I've had mutant
](near the frame) dampers that wouldn't respond to standard regulation,
]where I finally solved the problem by bending the string. Just as we do in
]the up-and-down plane, but sideways. Right at the agraffe. Be sure to raise
]the damper first.
]	Good luck.
]Guy Nichols, RPT
]nicho@roadrunner.com