Drifting Unisons

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Mon Nov 8 09:48 MST 1999

Ed,
     You could be on to something. The string which is tuned first must survive
the test blows and other jolts occurring when the remainder of the unison is tuned
giving it an additional guarantee of stability.   A better settled string with
more balanced tension between string segments logically should hold better when
humidity stresses are induced.
         Perhaps this along with a combination of the other previously mentioned
factors are the reasons for  differential drift within unisons.
-Mike Jorgensen