Piano Information?

Lawrence Becker lawrence.becker@uc.edu
Wed Nov 10 09:16 MST 1999

At 01:56 AM 11/7/99 -0600, you wrote:
>List,
>
>    I posted about this piano several years ago but never received any
>replies.
>Since there are so many new people on the list now, I thought I'd try again.
>I had to tune it the other day and my curiosity was aroused once more.
>       The brand name on the fallboard is:
>
>(both u's should have umlauts)  Gebruder Knake
>                                                 Munster I/W
>                                                   Germany
>
>    Thanks for any help you can give me.
>
>Avery

Avery-

I did a Websearch & came up with Lucian Parent Pianos site.  He is a piano
restorer in Glen Osmond, South Australia, who advertises some really old
restored uprights.  He has a Gebruder Knake, Munster, from @1887.  His page
with this piano is:
http://senet.com.au/~lppianos/knake/html

Lawrence Becker, RPT