Leather (?) Dye

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Thu Sep 2 18:15 MDT 1999

List,

    One of my outside customers just purchased a new artist bench through me.
When I delivered it, she offered me the original bench which came with her C-3.
Since we're always short of benches (aren't all universities?) :-) , I
accepted. Now,
the question.
    It's in beautiful condition, except for having that awful white leather
(?) top which
Yamaha used back in the 70's. First, is it leather? Second,  does anyone
know of
an easy way to dye the top. Or would it be more effective to just replace
with black
material.
    Besides this 'new' grand bench, we also have several of the same type
vertical
benches.
    Any experienced "dyers" out there? Thanks.

Avery