A443

Connie Jones jajones2@students.wisc.edu
Tue Sep 14 05:15 MDT 1999

John,
I raised our D Steinway  concert piano  to 444 for the International Double
Reed Society convention this Summer.  Two tunings up and two tuning down.
It is now stabilized after a month of concert use and shows no problem for
this raise.
	I allowed 2 weeks on either side of the event for the pitch to be
established.   I feel this is the most important part of the raise so the
piano will be stable and you won't be struggling with the pitch level.
	Raising the pitch to this level is not my desire, however for very
special events I obviously do it.  During the regular concert season I
would advise not to disrupt the pitch level.
Joel