Glue for laminating a bentside

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Wed Sep 29 00:15 MDT 1999

----------
> From: musutton@alpha.nlu.edu
> To: caut@ptg.org
> Cc: musutton@alpha.nlu.edu
> Subject: Glue for laminating a bentside
> Date: Tuesday, September 28, 1999 1:28 AM
>
> Dear List:
> 	I'm preparing to laminate a bentside for a harpsichord.  I'm uncertain
> as to what kind of glue to use.  It will need a rather long open time to be
> spread on the surfaces.
> 		Ed Sutton
> 		musutton@alpha.nlu.edu

There is a glue by Weldwood,  "plastic resin" I believe is the name.  It is a powder
and mixed with water forms a thin brown liquid.  Smells 'sweet". Must be clamped
with good pressure.  Dried rock hard and is absolutly stronger than the wood itself.
 I haven't seen it in stores lately,  it used to come in 8 oz cans like stains and
paints.  The working time I believe is at least 5 minutes.  If you need non creep,
long working time, and very easy spreading with brush, this is a glue to check
out.---ric