Forklift under 9' piano?

McNeilTom@aol.com McNeilTom@aol.com
Wed Mar 1 15:56 MST 2000

Hi, John -

Doesn't seem like a problem if care is taken around the lyre and trapwork.

I used to have two Ds that had to be taken off the recital hall stage
occasionally, mostly for maintenance like refinishing the stage floor.  We
considered a fork lift, and would have used it.  However, the forklift
couldn't be brought into that part of the building because it couldn't
negotiate a particular handicapper ramp where it "high centered."  We ended
up hoisting the concert grands from the rafters; complicated preparation, but
easy in the execution.  We removed the lids and lifted them by the plate
castings.

Good luck!

    -  Tom McNeil, RPT   -
Vermont Piano Restorations