Grand Castors

Mark Bolsius markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Sun Mar 12 04:23 MST 2000

>From Ted Sambel

> I know the Renner casters are expensive; they also have a somewhat cheaper
> aluminum type which is also satisfactory, but I would really dig your heels
> in on this.

I agree with Ted...I've installed a few of the Renner brass castors...I've
just checked the price difference between brass and aluminium... there's
virtually none. It would amount to a few dollars for the set.

I suspect the aluminium is more an aesthetic choice.

Ted's absolutely right about the beauty of the engineering etc...the piano's
look fantastic on stage with them , particularly compared to a truck!!

He's also spot on with his suggestion of two with brakes and one without (it
will lower the cost a little as well)

Being the Renner distributor here in Australia it is interesting to see
RennerUSA's price (not that different)...any saving I might have been able
to offer would be more than swallowed by postage!

Good luck with the funding!

Cheers
Mark Bolsius
Bolsius Piano Services
Canberra School of Music
Australia

http://www.bolsius-pianoservices.com.au

Australian distributor for
Dampp-Chaser Climate Control Products
Louis Renner Piano Components and Tools
Reyburn CyberTuner Visual Tuning Software