Frame Cracked Twice, Engineering help?

ANRPiano@aol.com ANRPiano@aol.com
Wed Mar 22 05:37 MST 2000

In a message dated 3/21/00 8:33:47 PM Central Standard Time,
rchayden2@juno.com writes:

<< You make me think that I have stressed the frame by
 perhaps leaving the bolt too high, then leaving out the shims, forcing
 the frame unnaturally. >>

This can certainly lead to cracks in the plate.  But I just took a Kawai
apart that the nose bolts were holding the plate at least 1/4 off the dowels.
 It seems the factory worker just screwed the nose bolts until they bottomed
out.  Sometimes plates will just bend around our general stupidity and
sometimes they wont.

Just my 1 cent worth.

Andrew Remillard