Cracked frame twice...

Mark Bolsius markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Thu Mar 23 12:54 MST 2000

Hi Roger,

I haven't had any personal experience with this , but I know two techs
who've solved this problem with a company/process called Metalock.

It is a cold process and a key is inserted in the crack in as many places as
required...this stitches the crack and is supposed to make it stronger than
original. The process was developed in the US to repair artillery cannons
that had splits or cracks in them... Same problem too much mass to just
weld...

These guys both swear by the process...

good luck finding it over there...surely if you guys invented it it's
available there!

Cheers

Mark Bolsius
Bolsius Piano Services