Turbo whipping....oooh I like the sound of that!

Ron Torrella rontorrella@yahoo.com
Thu Sep 14 06:32 MDT 2000

markbolsius@optusnet.com.au wrote:

> [snip]
> How much adjustment will depend on the touchweight problem you have. How many grams are you
> trying to get rid of? If it's heaps, I'd do as Jon suggested and start with setting the spring
> support the wippen's weight and then back it off until you get the touchweight numbers you
> need/want.
>
> David Stanwood may a few ideas about specific methods of adjustment...sorry I can't help,
> I haven't dealt with them that often...our Steinways  (Hamburg) are much more consistent in
> their action geometry ;-)

Stanwood indicates adjustments of less than 25g. IOW, if you're
decreasing touchweight, you shouldn't try to decrease it by more than
25g. It "loads" the springs too much.

The lack of an adjustment screw on the "turbo wippens" makes adjusting
the spring tension challenging. You gotta love them screws!

Ron Torrella, RPT
Stanwood Precision TouchDesign Agent