keep those cards and letters coming!!!

Michelle L Stranges stranges@Oswego.EDU
Mon Apr 9 12:03 MDT 2001

THanx to all so far who have written responses to my post ( "who's
responsible")

The first "opera group" story that I gave was awile ago, and I DID end up
deciding that the hotel should pay for the repairs...when I got there and
saw this, I found out that they have their cooks move the grand up a ramp
that is not tall enough as the stage , and they keep pushing. ( knocking out
the lyre)

So get this....   after I had first fixed the lyre and then tuned it , they
then decide to move it up to the stage.UGH!!!!!! (No mention of any of this
earlier.)

Figuring they have brains and listened to what I said, I left them alone to
move it up the ramp , from the dance floor while I took a trip to the ladies
room.
I should have stayed in the ladies room, or took off right then and there
BECAUSE when I got back in to retrieve my tools, there they all
were...looking down at the lyre that was completely ripped away from the
piano AGAIN after my 3/4 hour  shimming and screw replacement job to get the
darn thing back on.

Hmmm... Like I said, I did end up charging the hotel for this instead of the
opera company... especially after seeing THAT.
:(

THe second story I have now... the opera company at a home...
I just started Paul Kupelians job up here at Oswego State, and the Osewgo
opera company wanted to perform at the presidents' home ... right here on
campus.
I replaced all the tuning pins I needed to, and then tuned it... ( over
50cents  flat..) The music dept. knows that I had to do some work prior to
tuning it, and this was NOT a school related gig... completely free-lance
stuff.
THey said for me to write up two bills... one for the opera company, and one
to ?????????    They said they would figure it out.

Sorry to write a novel here about all this.

THAnx again for all your replies.

THe moral of this story is:      BEFORE YOU TUNE FOR AN OPERA COMPANY, CHECK
OUT THE PIANO FIRST.      :)      Just joshin'

:) michelle
stranges@oswego.edu
PS: remember the hotel story up there???? After I was done ( finally..) for
the day, they wanted to know if I wanted to keep coming back there to
maintain their pianos.     Pfft!