Steinway damper pedals

Kenneth Sloane kenneth.sloane@oberlin.edu
Wed Apr 25 18:49 MDT 2001

To All- Another advantage for using the old pedal (provided the pivot area
has not been scored because the old felt or synthetic bushing wore through)
is that the replacement pedals from Steinway frequently do not have a pivot
area that has been machined accurately. If the cinch plate does not line up
correctly with the semi-circle machined area on the bottom of the pedal,
the bushing becomes crimped on one side and wears out prematurely.

Ken Sloane, formerly with Oberlin Conservatory

--On Wednesday, April 25, 2001 1:40 PM -0500 Ken Eschete