replace/rebuild

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed Dec 5 09:07 MST 2001

In a message dated 12/5/01 8:39:50 AM Central Standard Time, RADKINS@coe.edu
writes:

> Wm,
> I'm sure you are aware of the Steinway leasing program. Working
> with the local dealer, you can have your inventory of pianos

Richard, et all.

Yes, I am aware of that program, and yes, we are working with the local
Steinway dealer. That is why I asked the question. I am working up two
proposals. One where get all new D's, B's and Boston studios, and trade in
the pianos we have. The other is we rebuild almost all of our grands, buy new
Boston grands where needed and trade in all the studios.

My main concern are the 1970's B's and D's we have. I heard that pianos made
in this period were not the greatest. Before I spend money rebuilding them,
are they going to turn out all right? As one person said, perhaps getting new
ones takes the "fear" factor out of it. No one will blame me if the piano
didn't turn out right. On the other hand, it will save about $150,000. That's
a lot of money these days.

Our schools has the same problem as everyone else. Budgets are being cut. We
just had a donor give us money for a new B. But I don't know if there is more
money available in the near future.

Thanks to all of you who replied. I am giving all of your comments (without
your names) to the chair.

Wim