bars.

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu Feb 1 11:49 MST 2001

Greetings,
   Crumb has come to Vanderbilt, and the head of the music department is
telling me that the plate strut needs to come out of one of the concert
pianos, so the strings can be "strummed" for a student performance.
   This looks like some peril, and a lot of retuning.  I do know that one of
these bars will not go back in unless the tension is dropped a WHOLE lot.
Anybody got any info that will help me convince them it would be cheaper to
move one of our B's in, instead of destabilizing the concert pianos?
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT