Leg question

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Mon Feb 5 09:25 MST 2001

List,

Someone recently posted about installing new legs with the
large brass wheels but I can't remember who. Does that
person, or anyone else, know an approximate price for a set
of those?

Also, what would be the best way to order them from S & S?
I could probably even get them through the dealer here. The
new one originally came through him. I have a good
relationship with him and even am occasionally asked to do
C & A tunings for him.

I'm assuming the leg plates are interchangeable for the newer
one. But what about the older one (1949)? It's been rebuilt
but I'm assuming the plates are probably still original.

I'm going to get two sets (by hook or by crook) for the two
D's in our new Opera House. It's a beautiful hall with two
extremely good pianos but they both have those awful looking
shop cups for wheels and I'm sick of looking at them. I think
because of the prestige factor for the hall, I won't have any
trouble getting the money, even if I have to take it out of
my own budget (I won't if I don't absolutely have to!).

Abbey Simon's Baldwin that was shipped in for the festival,
has the big brass wheels and they looked great on the stage.

Thanks for any information.

Avery (I'm really leaving this time)