Maintenance Schedule

Daniel Dover Daniel.Dover@Dartmouth.EDU
Mon Feb 5 10:39 MST 2001

--- You wrote:
In short, I'm looking for suggestions on how to best accomplish an
on-going log, complete with service history and free-style notes.
This could in the form of a spreadsheet matrix or database field
headers, or any other method this group has found to be effective.
--- end of quote ---

Jim,

I'm pretty happy with Filemaker as a tool to accomplish this job. Because
Filemaker is a relational database, it allows me to maintain two files-- a
Tuning History file and a Work History file-- that each branch off of the
Inventory file (location, serial #, etc).

My layouts and scripts allow me to quickly pull up either file in table form for
a particular piano. Comments or notes are easily accomodated. I use the same
files to set up projected future work. By the way, I also include the amount of
time spent on each work item, which is turning into a nice analysis tool.

Danny Dover
Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH