Baldwin regulation

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 5 16:58 MST 2001

>The front rail touches the keybed at all points with the keyblocks in
>place and the key end pins are not forcing the center of the front
>rail into the air.  Sanding, planing or shim forcing the rail down or
>up as needed.

Hi Newton,
                 Quite true for Steinway's and many other brands.   But the
Baldwin front rail slides on 6 glide bolts.  For my money there was more
stability when the bolts were in the rail, and not the key bed.
The rails are quarter sawn maple, and I have not noticed any thing amiss
with the rails. The bolts however need attention.

Got ya.
Roger