Baldwin regulation

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Mon Feb 5 17:51 MST 2001

Yup, it was me, among others. I have not solved the problem. The front rail
was bedded at the ends, flying in the middle. I had no choice but to raise
the FR studs to "bed" the FR, and remove FR punchings to increase dip; I am
certain that I will pay for this on the flip side when the humidity comes
back up. This particular piano is owned by a husband and wife, both piano
grad students, not destitute by any means, but they sprung for a nice new
Baldwin R that they thought would be a good piano for them to practice on
for a few years. I am normally _very_ reluctant to approach manufacturers
for warranty relief, but so far in this case, I see no reasonable
alternative.

Kent Swafford