New postition

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Tue Feb 6 07:54 MST 2001

Greetings list,
    I wonder if I could impose upon those of you who may have recently
changed positions or universities. I'm figuring that i'm looking for
believe I have an opportunity to look at for a state school in the
southeast. I'd like to hear your comments about what to expect going
through the interview process and what is likely to be offered. I've
been told that they should pay my plane fare to come to the interview.
Is this correct? Do most of you have benefits for full time positions?
What are the benefits? Since I'm leaving a full time business I built
over 17 years can I expect some type of contract so that I'm not out on
a limb a year from now? Are tuition waivers standard? Are they usually
just for the employee or for his family too? Can I expect them to help
with relocating costs? What are standard salaries these days? Anything
I'm forgetting?
    Thank you in advance for your responses. I could use all the info I
can get. I haven't interviewed in quite a while and I'd like to be
informed before I go in. I don't need this position but it would add
some stability and security to my and my families lives. I welcome all
your thoughts! Thanks again!!

Greg

--
Greg Newell