New postition

Brent.Fischer@ASU.Edu Brent.Fischer@ASU.Edu
Thu Feb 8 11:56 MST 2001

Dear Greg,

  After reading the great input you have been given so far there is not
much I can add. After I had toured the facility here, talked with the tech
here at the time, also did a tuning for them, and then went into the
interview process knowing full well that this was absolutely the job
and the university culture I wanted to have. So based on the that
attitude I spoke mostly about what I perceived the mission of the tech
staff to be in terms of service priorities. Certainly the most
important mission idea I had in the process was simply that "every"
recital involving a piano would have a tuning check. A very important
aspect of student recitals is the recording that is done is often
used later for other career interviews for that performer, so recital
checks often have a two-fold purpose.

My only advice in the interview is that if you decide that this is the
job you want, and the content of the benefit package for the most part
should be known before that point , well, then I would concentrate
most of my interview time on what you can do for them more than what
they will do for you. Just my two cents, and good luck

Brent Fischer
Senior Piano Technician
Arizona State University