Lockable covers...again

Wolfley, Eric (WOLFLEEL) WOLFLEEL@UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Wed Feb 14 09:50 MST 2001

Paul,

We have successfully used the same type of covers here by using only the
strap at the keyboard end which (on our covers) is long enough to loop
around the lyre assembly and come back up to the front where there is a
grommet. The padlock goes through the grommet and the D ring that is at the
end of the strap. This keeps the lock easily accessible and is enough of a
deterrent for all but the most avid scofflaws (who would otherwise just cut
the straps anyway).

We use a "Sesamee" brand combination padlock with a 2 1/4" hasp and change
the combination weekly. The scheduling office gets a list of the weekly
combinations for the whole quarter and doles them out as needed. No keys!
This method has worked remarkably well for years in a very busy performing
environment.

Eric

Eric Wolfley, RPT
Head Piano Technician
Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati