psycho-acousti-what?

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Fri Feb 16 10:36 MST 2001

> Any suggestions on how to block the hammer and pluck strings in the treble?

I use a piece of coat hanger I bend into a handle and a hook.  I go
down between unisons, hook a shank and gently lift it up tot he string
as the same time stepping on the sustain pedal or I have it blocked
sot he dampers are out of the way.  I use my left hand for lifting and
right hand for leveling the strings.  I then tune the piano and do it
all over again.

		Newton

I use coat hanger wire because it is readily available and I keep
loosing them.