electronic pianos

thepianoarts thepianoarts@home.com
Wed Feb 21 22:39 MST 2001

Mitch,

   From a composers point of view, in the educaional arena, other than for
'class piano' use, one great advantage of electronic pianos (via MIDI)  is
their ability to translate music  into multitrack / tambre sequence's for
composition students,  and their use for notation programs. They are great
tools. Their (ele. keyboards) success in the real world of commercial music,
(recording & performing)  and where the jobs are after graduation,  has made
it necessary to include them in a music program.  Not a substitute for a
piano though.
   The theory and comp professors and students want some, right? The piano
majors want the real thing.

Dan Reed

PS  Kind of like comparing the differences between electric and acoustic
guitars...