Cage Anyone?

Thu Jan 25 03:14 MST 2001

Hi John,

At 20:52 01/24/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>  One trio used a metal (unknown
>type) rod, one trio used a glass rod to rest on the strings. ...
>Ken Jankura
>
> > Anyone have the pleasure of having the Cage piece, FIRST CONSTRUCTION (IN
> > METAL) done on one of their instruments?
> > John Minor

I have a "special" piano which i bring out for things like that...  {Old
Baldwin C.}

Last time Vox Balanae was done here, I had them use brass for the metal
things. ( I have a supply of brass screws/nuts/washers available)  I figure
anything softer than the string is OK.  Plastic for wound string insertion.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Luther College, Decorah, IA
Ignorance doesn't kill you, but it will make you sweat a lot.-Haitian proverb