Replacement Keys?

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue Mar 6 09:34 MST 2001

John & List,

I have 2 Kluge keyboards (one in bone) from Kluge through the
Rappaport's on complete rebuilding jobs. Both seem to be fine,
although the bone is beginning to yellow considerably and I'm
not sure yet how to "whiten" them up some.

I'm curious as to why you're replacing the keys. Really old
and in bad shape? The reason I'm asking is I'm going to have
to do something in the near future about the keyboard on our
Hamburg D. It's only about 18 yrs. old or so but the ivories
are getting very thin and sharp edged in the front and the
edges of the sharps are more rounded than a lot of people
like.

Because of the age, I've considered sending them to be
recovered rather than replace the whole keyboard. However, if
they were recovered, I'd definitely want someone who could do
a really top notch job!

Also, how do the prices compare between Kluge and Bob. Just
curious.

Opinions? Recover or replace? Thanks.

Avery