the Brown Family

Vince Mrykalo Vince@byu.edu
Fri Nov 2 12:36 MST 2001

Actually, he had two grands (Steinway M and C7) then and three mark II
disklaviers when I started servicing for the Browns five or so years ago.  The
DKs were in the bedrooms.
Now they have replaced the C7 with a B and added another M after moving
back to
Utah.  And gotten rid of the disklaviers.
They are a great family!

At 10:01 PM 11/1/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear readers,
>    Did anyone catch 60 minutes last night? They ran a story about the
>Brown family from Utah. There are 5 kids who all play the piano and were
>all accepted to Julliard. The 2 oldest daughters have had a 2 piano
>debut with the Philidelphia orchestra at ages 19 and 20 (or was it 20
>and 21). While still growing up in Utah the father bought 5 grand pianos
>and put them in the kids rooms so they could practice whenever they
>wanted. Dad apparently has no musical background but Mom has a music
>degree in vocal performance (I think).
>    This is quite an astounding thing for 5 of the members of one family
>to all be accepted and attend Julliard at the same time! Is anyone out
>there familiar with this family either from Utah or at Julliard?
>Apparently they are all quite unpretentious having been raised Mormon. I
>was quite impressed by the story. Anyone else?
>
>--
>Greg Newell
>mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net

Vinny