Small colleges in remote towns

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Sun Nov 4 08:25 MST 2001

Kent:

I know answers would be nicer than questions, but questions is about
all I have with what little I know here.

Is the local tech competent?  Is his/her tuning up to the level they
need?  If not, they might just have to get a better local tech.  If
this tech is competent for tuning, why couldn't he/she do all the
tuning, and have you come in as the consultant to do the technical
things the local person can't do.

If enough budget to tune frequently enough is the problem, you'll
only exacerbate the problem with your higher costs.  They'll just
have to bite the bullet and come up with the money.

Do I understand the problem here at all?

dave

David M. Porritt
dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Meadows School of the Arts