Teflon Reamers

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 5 07:11 MST 2001

Hey Keith, Thanks,
What I am expressing: I don't mind paying for the best tools, I am a huge
believer in that and I have a packed shop to prove it.  It's just that I am
getting conflicting information (on and off this list) and I don't want to
spend more money on the wrong tools to do an important job.  I have a load
of tools that never worked well (if at all) and I have wasted lots of money
(from many different suppliers).  Getting others opinions/experiences is
helpful.  A pin vise, simple inserter and enough pins/bushings for two
pianos @ $98 was very surprising to me.  I do not want to reveal who said
what, but I was/am really lost as to what direction to go with the reamers.
I have decided to get a set of reamers, either Steinway or Pianotek. Thanks
to everyone for the help.
Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter, PTG
lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
985.72P.IANO

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-caut@ptg.org [mailto:owner-caut@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
kam544@flash.net
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 8:09 PM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: RE: Teflon Reamers

>Yeah, they are $138 for a set of maybe 6 or $20 each, which is same price
as
>Steinway.
>>Lance Lafargue

Lance, List,

I'm not certain what it is you are expressing here, Lance, but maybe the
additional information may be of some use to you.

Having done extensive repinning with teflon bushings over the years, the
amounts you quote for these items are but a minor expense in comparision to
the opportunity of working with some of the very finest tools available
that provide a great deal of accuracy, instill a somewhat tangible joy and
satisfaction to use, and establish complete confidence in one's decision to
have purchased them long before the teflon repinning job is ever completed.

It's another whole world, those teflon bushings.

Keith McGavern, RPT
Oklahoma Baptist University
Saint Gregory's University
Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA