replacing plain wire

David Denison a440@optonline.net
Fri Nov 9 06:19 MST 2001

And because, especially guitarists,  pull and bend the strings to alter pitch, resulting much metal fatigue.

David Denison, RPT
Long Island, NY
Nassau Chapter

"Keep It Simple"
 ----- Original Message -----
  From: Greg Newell
  To: caut@ptg.org
  Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 12:16 AM
  Subject: Re: replacing plain wire

  Wim,
      What about the fact that as the wire ages you get closer and closer to the elastic limit of the wire. I'd swear that I can sometimes tell when a string will break by the way it sounds. Another reason to me is the fact that the piano becomes harder and harder to tune with age because of string rendering problems. I suppose that these are related in at least a small way. Perhaps we could also ask ourselves why guitarists and other stringed instrument players find the need to replace strings too?
  Greg