It IS a full time job

Brent.Fischer@ASU.Edu Brent.Fischer@ASU.Edu
Wed Nov 14 11:00 MST 2001

Hey there Wim,

  First to Newton, with all due respect, this is not kind of advice
that is either proactive or beneficial to the common goals of this forum.
As a new member of the caut committee I will try to find the time to
become more involved and  hope that my experience in the university
field wil be helpful to both contract techs and employed personnel. The
culture of our school is absolutely professional, the partnership between
faculty and all of the staff is excellent. In the past tens years I cannot
think of a time when Rick Florence and I have not been appreciated.

  How does a culture like this happen?  The method that worked for me was
to first establish with the director that I am a mission person, that
means doing everything possible to serve the functions of the school
in the most professional way possible, with that attitude came the
expectation that I would be given the tools to do so. Therefore, there is
a clear understanding of the expectations and the technical standards that
must be maintained to support the goals of the school.

  Wim, you said you weren't asking for advice so forgive me for expressing
two ideas, always take the high road and be a mission person.

Brent Fischer
Senior Piano Technician
Arizona State University