It IS a full time job

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Thu Nov 15 19:42 MST 2001

Hi Brent,

Thank you for your enlightening note.

I hope you did well on the race.  Pain I know, lots of knowledge of that
one.

It IS important to know the workings of the environment in which we
spend most of our time awake (or glazed over after six tunings) and
establishing a "culture" is good as well.

It is also good to know who that "culture" can let you down, even
destroy you as happened to me.  I am bitter, they destroyed my health,
something far worse than a reputation or jut a job.  It was systematic
harassment of destruction on a massive scale.  What happened to me can
happen to any person in a place where you boss can change everything
three years, from great to ass hole in one swell foop.  When one knows
what CAN happen then they can be alert to the signs and then work to
cover their back side.  I have given pointers as to what mistakes I made
that could have helped me a lot but were far too late to help when
things hit the fan.

Know what is good about your job, the environment and also know what is
not good and where the traps and pits are is the best means there is to
keep your job.

Indeed to what you have set yourself out to do and my never ending
support for it but be aware also that there are anal voids out there
that can tack you six on the wall.

		Newton