New project!

Sat Nov 17 11:08 MST 2001

Greg Newell wrote:

> Greetings various list members,
>     I have just been asked to do an interesting project for a gentleman
> who is loosing "power in his foot". While I'm not exactly sure what that
> means the end result is that he would like me to construct a device
> whereby he can play the sustain pedal of his Yamaha C6 with a sideways
> pressure from his knee. I'm rather excited by this bit of a brain teaser
> for me. I also seem to remember that this topic has come up a rather
> long time ago on this list. Does anyone out there have plans for such an
> item?

Grin... I think the first thing you must ask yourself is in which direction
the knee is going to be required to exert pressure.  But seriously..
shouldnt be much of a problem really to construct a couple three levers to
do the job.  Make a knee pedal like the old pump organs used. The rest can
be either pulley driven or lever driven I should think. You need some return
spring mechnanism... If you do this make sure and get a picture of the
system and post it.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.