NASM

Bdshull@aol.com Bdshull@aol.com
Thu Oct 4 15:39 MDT 2001

Fred,

Well put, Fred.  I believe that the more effort we put into the establishment
of institutional standards for piano inventory, piano maintenance and the
qualifications of university piano technicians, the greater the likelihood of
success in meeting those goals.  Right now there is no pressure except the
economic pressure which is being met most successfully (and most dismally) by
the dealer lease programs.  The refining of the Guidelines and the
sub-specialization of CAUT technicians, along with a long term effort on the
part of the PTG to promote these things, will most certainly create increased
expectations all the way around.  This should influence not only NASM
reviews, but even recruitment efforts!

Bill Shull, RPT
La Sierra University, CSUSB

In a message dated 10/4/01 12:33:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time, fssturm@unm.edu