new Steinway hinge pins

Mon Oct 29 09:50 MST 2001

At 09:16 10/29/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>We got a brand new Steinway D last spring. I have noticed on a couple
>since there is nothing much worse than opening a
>lid and having it crash to the floor.
>Regards,
>Fred Sturm

Or in the middle of a jazz quartet concert!  Only center hinge had a pin in it!

I tuck that short arm of the pin between the lid and the rim. NO
possibility of snagging. It also insures that there are enough personnel
around to remove the lid safely.  _Somebodys_ have to hold the lid vertical
while somebody else removes the pins.

No complaints from stage crew, since most of those "somebody"s saw the jazz
crash-boom-bah!
BTW, the pianist didn't miss a beat...

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
Voice-(563)-387-1204  //  Fax (563)-387-1076(Dept.office)
=== Note new area code ===

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin and Hobbes