Piano Covers

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.music.sc.edu
Wed Oct 31 09:03 MST 2001

Newton,
UGA had some aluminum boxes made, and used them with the heavy covers.  The
box slides over the keyboard end and covers the entire widest portion of
the piano, but does not extend to the tail.  An iron flat bar slides
through and a padlock keeps the piano locked and protected.

Since they built the new facility, I don't think they use the aluminum
boxes anymore, but they were a deterrent when in the older facilities where
everybody had access to the rooms.

Most folks use these lightweight covers, they just yank and pull when
removing them.  I've already added "seamster" to my job description.

Booo!
Jeff