an update

Michelle L Stranges stranges@Oswego.EDU
Fri Sep 7 09:19 MDT 2001

Phew!!!

That night I went home with my trusty starrett ruler.
Measured the spread  and found it to be 4 5/8" ( too much if I recall
correctly)

I CAN move the rail forward, and I'm going to because:

I finally put the stack on the capstans.
It needs to move forward.
NO WAY IN HECK they are going to ever hit those drop screws.

I opened up my Apsco catalog, and IMAGINE MY SURPRISE when I saw replacement
action brackets for JACOB DOLL pianos.
After this post I'm on the horn, geting me 4 of them.

( plus later that evening out of pure unadulterated anger I broke one of
them trying to get it screwed down onto the key frame.)

MANY THANX FOR YOUR LETTERS!!!

:) michelle
stranges@oswego.edu