Damper Lift Problem

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue Sep 18 08:31 MDT 2001

Hi Conrad,

Well, that's the second thing I hadn't thought to check. The first
was what you and Newton mentioned yesterday about the lyre glue
joints separating. I'll check as soon as I can.

Another tech is in the hall right now tuning a mid 1800's Bose that's
on loan for a faculty recital tomorrow night. It's been restored by
someone and is really quite nice. Considering the age.

I don't know how, but I still feel that the high humidity over the
summer after the flood, has "something" to do with all this. That
particular piano stayed in the hall all summer.

Something I think I forgot to mention in my original post is that the
music desk is now so tight fitting, that's it's almost impossible to
get it in or out. That's _got_ to be humidity.

Thanks for the ideas, everyone. I'll let you know what happens.

Avery