Bosendorfer Bass String Question

Ray T. Bentley Ray@Bentley.net
Wed Sep 19 10:42 MDT 2001

on 9/19/01 9:08 AM, Daniel Dover at Daniel.Dover@Dartmouth.EDU wrote:

> Do you really feel it was necessary to go back to Bosendorfer for a bass
> string
> replacement, at such an enormous cost? It seems that, nowadays, we are
> fortunate
> to have a number of very fine businesses available in Canada and the U.S. that
> specialize in custom bass string fabrication.
>
> Danny Dover
> Dartmouth College
> Hanover, NH

Danny,

For the reasons in my original post, I wanted to duplicate the original
string as closely as possible.  If you look at the ends of the windings,
you'll find that the Bosendorfers are unique in the way the windings are
finished.  It almost looks as if some wire is tucked under at the
termination of the winding.

I will check into other sources in the future first.  I was quite shocked to
find that the air freight was so expensive.  The string was 38 and the air
freight was 44.  I was not given any other option for shipping.

Thanks for your reply.

Ray
--
Ray T. Bentley, RPT
Alton, IL

The difficult, I do right away.  The impossible takes a little longer.