capo-hardening?

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun Sep 23 21:00 MDT 2001

>In reading Roger's post regarding quenching the heated bar via the (moist)
>sand of the foundry, I'm wondering, with the help of my very skilled welder,
>if an "in-the-piano" procedure may be possible.
>
>Surely with all the "dare-devils" on this list, someone must've,.... anyone?
>
>Mark C.

Hi Mark,
              As usual you have set me thinking,  I'll talk to my black
smith friend,  and see what ideas he can come up with.   Just have to tell
him it's impossible to set him thinking.  <G>
 Watching him do the job, he has the flame of the torch just hitting about
1/8" of the edge of the bar.  A hand that is as steady as a rock.   Now how
to do that upside down???????????
Roger