capo-hardening?

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri Sep 28 15:07 MDT 2001

Hi Fred,
              It has to do with the internal damping characteristics of the
material.  How much energy is absorbed at the termination point and how
much is reflected.   A personal observation.  V Pro plates seem to be a lot
heavier than the sand cast counter parts.   If I knew the composition, then
we could find out just what the compression strength of the material
really is.
The change in material is far from being minor.   It's almost like
comparing copper with brass,  when comparing all the characteristics of the
two materials.
I know Baldwin did some comparison test's in the late 70's  early 80's,  (I
think it was on the Model L grand)  that comfirmed the tonal loss.

Regards Roger