soundboard springs

Thu, 05 Dec 2002 23:31:28 +0100

Was wondering...

The installation of these springs as I understand it is such
that two beams are used as a support for a piece of
something or another that will hold the spring tight against
the panel / ribs at some point. What would be the advantage
or disadvantage of mounting a stronge enough piece of steel
lengthwise parallel to the beams and attach at the rim and
back side of the keybed / case area instead ?

Or is this another one of these parcealip trees to bark
under ?

RicB

--
Richard Brekne