those pesky swings

Vincent E. Mrykalo mrykalve@potsdam.edu
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:36:17 -0400

I wouldn't put the same size pin in after you ream.  It'll walk.  My
experience with protek is that simply putting the next size pin in as
you state, will then be too tight, so you'd have to ream and burnish
slightly.  That's a good question though - I wonder if protek does
shrink the bushing some as well as coat the fibers with its lubricant.

--
Vince Mrykalo RPT MPT
Senior Piano Technician